Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pre-Edits Done

So I'm feeling very accomplished today.  I have finally finished my pre-edits.  For those of you who are new to this like I am, pre-editing is where you go through your manuscript and fix the little mistakes that you find like changing "cannot" to can't.  Another tedious fix is making sure there is only a single space at the end of each sentence.  I clearly remember back to keyboarding in high school where I was taught to double space before beginning a new sentence, but I suppose with all the new technology of e-books, single spacing is preferred.  As you can see from my blog, I still double space...old dog-new tricks, you get it, right?

After going through the last six or seven chapters of Cycle Thirteen today, I must say I feel pretty lame for my last blog.  My book is pretty darn good, if I say so myself.  I found myself really getting into it and even crying at one point in the story.  Although, if I'm being totally honest, I cry at Publix commercials, so it doesn't take much.  But seriously, I think everyone is really going to like it.  Some things I had actually forgotten about, so it was fun to reread and relive those moments again. 

My next step is to work on the other assignments from the publisher, one of which I am very excited about...the cover design.  I have some ideas, now I just need some time to put them on paper.  Wish me luck!  Until next week...happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment